Saturday 30 June 2007

Rainy saturday

Saturday, 7AM, it raining. I'm really, really glad it's raining. Raining means we cannot spend the day mixing concrete. If we're not mixing concrete and it's too wet for serious gardening, there is no urgent need to get up.

Make coffee, go back to bed. Allow the dogs to sneak upstairs for some duvet-surfing. A couple of hours later I'm still sitting here in the optimistic hope that Brian might just make me poached eggs and more coffee and bring them up to me.

I've caught up on a few blogs, chatted to a couple of relatives and friends (about DNA and Greek beaches (not all in the same conversation)) and read my email.

There are now two damp lurchers on the duvet having a post breakfast snooze.

Wonder how my eggs are doing?

1 comment:

Nazila Merati said...

Um, i'm confused how serious gardening and concrete have to do with each other.

Can you not garden seriously and not use heavy machinery?

I picked four pts of raspberries today and weeded allotment. I have also replanted rocket, basil and some radishes.

I am very upset to see my cornichons have be topped by slugs.

Damn them.

I wish I had a wet lurcher. I just have an exhausted basset.

nm