Sunday 1 July 2007

Hairy Black Caterpillar Invasion

During the great concrete and paving slab laying expedition of 2007 (still unfinished) we did at one point find a veritable swarm of hairy black caterpillars, in the hedges, in the garage, everywhere. Brian, being a fierce and intrepid pilot who can land crippled airplanes, ran away while I removed the little critters from the garage where we are storing cement.

Yesterday we found out where some of them have gone, our shed is hosting these:


I wonder what they will hatch out into?

Oh, and it's still raining,


the grass is getting longer and it's still too wet to do anything more than pick veggies. I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with baby broad beans, if I eat any more I will turn into one:

3 comments:

Nazila Merati said...

broad beans are fava beans, correct?

Yummy.

As for the caterpillars, I'll pass.

nm

Kerrio said...

embarressingly I had to look that up.

Yup - fava=broad.

Nazila Merati said...

Mmmm, ricotta salata, olive oil, a bit of lemon and some broad beans.

I'm there, for dinner, by Thursday.