Thursday 5 July 2007

Still coughing

Which has to be a good sign because I must still be breathing.

I had a very enthusiastic a damp wolfhound sitting on my lap after our walk today (in the rain of course). I don't mind being sat on by a 70 Kg dog, as long as he keeps those paws and claws to himself (I have some scars from a previous enthusiastic encounter and have learned to duck), but a DAMP soggy wolfhound is a bit much. He was very frisky, not sure why, but at least Brian is home tomorrow and can take his share of KuBrin greetings.


I picked peas tonight, this year I've grown a tall variety and it's doing very well. There's nothing like picking damp peas in the rain, the rattling of the young pods, the snap of the stems.

One of my earliest memories of my grandfather is being sat on the floor (me not him) shelling peas from his vegetable garden (where us kiddies were forbidden to go - gave it a "magic garden" appeal). Peas in the pod always make me think of him.

Friday tomorrow. Phew.

No comments: