Friday 20 July 2007

Stormy weather

We have had a day of weather, SERIOUS weather. The weather dudes say we had something like 53mm of rain in 3 hours.

The knock on travel chaos across the country is quite alarming, roads and rail system are out everywhere, houses are flooded out, schools closed, villages and roads underwater.

Our work even let us out early to get home because the roads were so bad , I was lucky enough to find a route home that did not take too long, others out there are still stranded.

At home it had obviously been raining too:

Two of the apple trees had blown down, one ripped its stake out of the ground, the other snapped its (heavy duty) tie.
 

The drive was still draining when I got in... (who knows what it looked like earlier)
 

At least the bit that had not washed away.... much of our gravel is now running away down the lane.

2 comments:

Katherine and Pippa said...

Sorry about the rain. Honest.

If you are dabbling - does that mean you don't want comments?

I had a strangish comment once (on mine not Pippa's). I didn't publish it 'cos I had no idea who it was even though he put his name.

Turned out to be a perfectly ok guy from a forum and in the end he pm'd me to let me know it was him. Obviously wondered why I hadn't published it. He's not commented since!

Kate

Kerrio said...

No no - comments are fine :-)

We've been luck on the whole, a couple of spamming comments (on the dog blog) and one person just being utterly anal.