Wednesday 18 July 2007

Wrapping the image numbers

I've done it. Yesterday I was dumping pics from my CF card and noticed the order was odd. On further checking I noted that I had clocked the numbers, gone from img_9999 to img_0001

That means in the last year and a half I have taken over 10000 pictures (we have other cameras...)

That's a lot of pics. Now let's see, in the old days a roll of 36 * 35mm 500 ISO colour film would cost, say £2.50 (we are talking ball park here). Development of said film would cost would also be around £3.00 (though you'd often get a cheapy roll of film thrown in free). So let's say that's £5.50 per roll total (forgetting the postage or petrol and wear and tear on shoes to get the film to the developers).

a tensy bit of math

10000/36 = 277 (rolls of film)

so 277* £5.50 = £1527.00

Blimey I've saved a lot of money.

Must be time to buy a new lens :-)

2 comments:

TDF said...

Flawless logic - worthy of your hubby really!

OK - now you worked out the budget, the next step is to pick the lens.

Hubs...

Nazila Merati said...

yuppers. I have thousands of slides....

sigh.

I need to buy a nice slide scanner.

I love all my cameras, even my old film ones.

Nice hubs by the way.