Thursday 12 July 2007

I love nasturtiums

I love the way they carelessly self seed, giving not one jot for our frosty winters, I love the way they romp enthusiastically wherever they find themselves, I love their cheerful colours, I love the smell of the stems and flowers when you pick them.


I spent a while on wednesday evening trying to photograph the dogs but the evening shade in the back garden gave poor results, so I surrendered to the inevitable and wandered around the front garden, taking pictures and picking flowers. Camera hooked over one arm I kept stuffing my nose into the small posy of nasturtiums, breathing in their scent. (I know they are actually edible but they are too peppery in salads for me, I'll stick to the sights and smells thanks).


I recently had to curb their enthusiasm in the veggie patch, but taking a look at the compost bin, I'd say the gorgeous little buggers are going to win:

No comments: