Friday 12 October 2007

"Eff oh nine"

Yesterday morning we woke to thick thick thick fog. So thick you would not see the pylon across the field and driving was *interesting* (but worry ye not - I got to and from work safely).

Anyway, this reminded me a little incident many years ago after I had just learned to drive. I was the designated driver to a family "do" in Kent, and had Brian, my oldest brother and his wife in the car, it was probably my first motorway trip as a driver. On the journey home the atmosphere was getting misty and visibility dropped.

Along the motorway were a load of matrix signs:



I puzzled for several miles, then asked my slightly inebriated passengers:

"What's eff oh nine"????

After five minutes of hysterical laughter one of them managed to wipe the tears from their eye and say:

"It's FOG you twonk."

Ever since them, whenever its foggy, I think its "eff oh niney".


"Je suis une plonker-ess."

2 comments:

Lesley Rigby said...

It makes me think of "you can't see the wood for the trees" or is it FOG?

Em said...

Fabulous. Thanks for the giggle!!