Friday 26 October 2007

Where have you been Kerri?

Well I've been EVERYWHERE. Ok just a few places, but my plan to do a daily blog update and upload en mass has failed, something to do with the 4600 photographs I've taken (thank DOG for digi), so I will summarise.

I flew the scenic route to Fox Bay, via MPA (Mount Pleasant Airport to you folks), Saunders Island and Carcass Island. The day was clear and bright and the scenery from the plane was utterly fabulous.

I'll pop a whole load of photos in my Flickr account so as not to overload this poor old blog.

In Fox Bay I stayed with my brother Ben and his wife Clare in their utterly fabulous house, no single pic can do it justice, so here is a photo of the vaulted ceiling in the living room:


And how many places in the world can you see this from the living room:


And the sunset looks like this:


A short walk from the house I caught these Johnny Rooks (Striated Caracara) posing:


And the fence of the paddock where Clare keeps her sheep (they were producing lambs while we were there):


Oh and while we were sat on the deck sunning ourselves, the British Antarctic Survey plane buzzed us (so did the Tornado, but I had my fingers in my ears to stop myself from being deafened, it's hard to take a photo with your fingers in your ears, trust me).


Our house in the sunset:


The weather while I was in Fox Bay was fabulous, sunny, still and very very bright (something to do with some missing ozone??). The sealions were roaring out on the big island, the jackass penguins were braying on the little tussac island, and the oyster catchers were piping. Heaven.


I'll do another post about the Sealion Islands visit later.

1 comment:

Katherine and Pippa said...

How absolutely stunning Kerri. What a beautiful place.

Kate