Monday 10 September 2007

Screaming

So just imagine us, saturday AM, in our dressing gowns, watching the dogs eat breakfast, chatting about what we would do with the day.

I looked up at Brian and let out a blood curdling scream as the MOST enormous spider crawled up his right shoulder (it's a visceral reaction, I can't help myself. 5 years of living in an oldish house have taught me to deal with most of them, but those big buggers get me every time).

He looked at me with a frozen look of astonishment for about 2 seconds, then did that "shake your body all over to get rid of the creepy crawly" dance, shouting "what? WHAT??" then shed his dressing gown pronto.

A few moments later he spotted the offending beastie on the ground and nearly fainted.

We spent the next three hours giggling like hysterical kids.

Apparently before he met me he did not mind spiders.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I live in an old house yet the crab-sized ones still frighten the living daylights out of me....

L^2 said...

I didn't mind spiders all that much until I got bitten by one...

Katherine and Pippa said...

What a pair of wimps. And I worried about the cockroach scuttling around the bath.

The big ones (spiders not cockroaches), just aren't quite as cute as the little ones.

They all eat flies though don't they? so that is a good start.

Kate

Nazila Merati said...

Smooth spiders are not bad, its the furry ones that scare me.

I'm more of a rodent hater.

Em said...

I would've screamed too!! Tracy's quite blase about them but no mstter how much I try and convince myself that I'm bigger and scarier than they are, they still scare me!!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

ha ha ha!!

I so shouldn't laugh, if that had been me I would have been beyind hysterical.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

*beyond* even