Saturday 22 September 2007

Things that made me laugh

In the last 24 hours there have been three things I've laughed at that stuck in my mind (I laughed a great deal more that three times, I hasten to add....)

1) Driving to work yesterday on the motorway there was a flat-bed van with a stuffed toy gorilla wedged just behind the cab at the top, the wind was making him wave frantically. I laughed so hard I nearly crashed the car.

2) This morning we were discussing the merits of lighting a fire as the evenings were getting chilly. I commented that I'd not had the chimney swept this year yet and "I'll arrange to do it during the two weeks you are at home on holiday cos there will be someone at home"
"Who?" he said.
(He was joking... I think).

3) Reading a country kitchen magazine I found this ditty...
"I eat peas with honey
I've done it all my life
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on the knife"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at Tilly tearing around the house having a 'mad five minutes' after this afternoons walk. Why do they do this? Prince used to do it when he was young and I always found it hilarious!