Saturday 1 September 2007

Vets & Bassets

This morning I had to take Maddie cat to the vets for her annual boosters. This is an exciting process involving subterfuge and incarceration. (Or was that incateration?). Then there is the sheer bloody mindedness required to force one very cross cat into a cat box with a small opening and replace the door without loosing the cat.

Tricky.

Anyway - I managed it, and as I pulled up there was a landy with the last three letters of the registration spelling "DOG". Cool I thought. Bet they get out with a posey dog... you know... something sleek and flashy.

How wrong could I be, they got out of the car with a lovely Basset girl, whom I dutifully smooched. I got chatting to the couple in the waiting room, and it turns out they have FOUR RESCUE BASSETS. Doubly cool.

Here she is, the lovely Madge:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cat 'issues' remind me very much of those suffered by Flowerpot over at her blog -

http://flowerpotdays.blogspot.com/

Lovely Bassett - and I'm very impressed that you had your camera with you!

Nazila Merati said...

Ernest is in love.....

Kerrio said...

Ernest is not the only one!

Graham.. I almost *aways* have a camera onme - that's why I bought the pocket one.