Sunday 5 August 2007

So what did we do with our weekend?

The sun was shining, the weather was hot for the first time here since April.

On Saturday we finished the "great path laying expedition of 2007". Well - almost. We've finished the concrete mixing and sandstone slab laying for the major path runs, there is still pointing and a small area to do behind the garage but no one would notice if we did not!).

The last path looked like this:


We celebrated with a glass of wine, a BBQ supper on the deck and falling into the hot tub in a state of exhaustion.

For an encore today I cleared out a whole load of "stuff" in the area behind the garage, constructed an impromptu compost bin (our old ones are too small) from the sandstone crates, shifted a whole load of old slabs and one bin full of compost (at one point I had composty muck on the end of my nose as well as on my shins - but it's ok - I have showered - honest).

In a moment of inspiration I then posted the remaining slabs on freecycle - and have had LOADS of interest - so with any luck someone will come and take the rest away this week. I love the internet.

Then I chopped up the rest of the crates, it's the first time our back lawn as been free of crates for a year. So I had to mow. And restake the trees. And dig out the concrete in front of the greenhouse.

Can I please go back to work now for a rest?

1 comment:

Nazila Merati said...

I heart freecycle. In fact, I have a pedastal sink, nordic trak and the same sort of bin to freecycle tomorrow.

I love the path!

Oops, ernest appears to be trying to lurch into TH right now.